The latest ShowBox update no longer requires MX Player and you may download AllCast to stream videos to the Chromecast. Older versions of ShowBox requires streaming through MX Player. MX Player does not support the Chromecast. This tutorial will show you how to stream free HD movies/tv shows from the ShowBox app to your TV via Google Chromecast. Since MX Player does not natively support the Chromecast, we will need to use GrowBox and AllCast to allow video playback to the TV set.
1. Uninstall MX Player – Go to Settings > Apps > MX Player > Uninstall
2. Go to Settings > Security > Turn on “Unknown Sources”
3. Download and install GrowBox:
4. Download and install AllCast (search for it in the Google Play Store)
5. Select movie/show within ShowBox, uncheck “Use internal player”, press Watch Now, and open with AllCast
6. The app will begin searching for players. Select your Chromecast.
The video will now stream on your TV via the Chromecast.